The 003 Blog (Fall 2006)

Friday, December 01, 2006

An Inconvenient Truth

Tonight I watched An Inconvenient Truth, the movie about global warming by Al Gore. I missed seeing it when it was playing in theaters, and this was my first opportunity to see it. It really is an extraordinary film: very scary, very well-done. As I watched it, I thought how different the past 6 years would have been had Gore won the presidency in 2000. We would not be entangled in an unwinnable war in Iraq, and the planet would undoubtedly be in better shape than it is.

If you have not yet seen this movie, I urge you to see it as soon as possible!

2 Comments:

  • Hi Nina,

    I want very much to see that documentary. I've heard many good things about it.

    I teach a class on social problems. Now, we are in the middle of a unit on environmental issues, and there are probably parts of Al Gore's film that the students could benefit from. I haven't seen any sign of it in Japan yet.

    No one knows for sure, but if Al Gore had been elected, our response to 9/11 would almost certainly have been less antagonistic toward the Arab-Muslim world. Radical, anti-American Islamics would now be less numerous and violent, and Halliburton would have lower profits. We would have probably have become a world leader in the fight against global warming instead of a hindrance to those trying to stop it.

    Despite all the sad events of recent years, we need to continue to work for a better future.

    John

    By Blogger John, at 5:28 PM  

  • Hello, Nina!
    I saw the book written by Al Gore when I was in Maryland, I didn't buy it because I just knew the title and didn't have much information about the book. But I should have bought it because I now am really interested in watching the movie. I think the movie will come out in theaters in Japan in January, so I'm going to go and see it!

    By Blogger Hiromi, at 12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home