The 003 Blog (Fall 2006)

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Two New Students in 003

Our class now numbers 14. Abdulaziz Al-Arwan from Saudi Arabia and Nazanin Khavari from Iran have joined us. Welcome to both of them! Now I have to add them to the slideshow I posted on September 13.

The class is going well. The students are now working comfortably with the SRA materials. They are advancing quickly through the Rate Builder levels and somewhat more slowly through the Power Builder levels. We have almost finished Part 1 in our grammar textbook and will have a test on all the present and past verb tenses next week. The students have already submitted their first writing assignment--a paragraph comparing the lives of writer Frank McCourt and jazz singer Diane Schuur--and have already been assigned their second composition, a biographical narrative. Everyone is coming to class, participating, and doing the work. What more could I ask?

7 Comments:

  • I have been this class for 3 weeks and I am getting alone better. Even though the grammar still confuses me, I will try to study and practice more and more. I found some websites where I can do grammar exercises online. But I think the most important thing is to have correct sense in English grammar, and use it naturally. Hopefully I can overcome this big trouble.

    By Blogger Jenniferho, at 11:44 AM  

  • Hello,
    My name is Essa. I am from Qatar. We had good days with Nina and other classmate.
    I am sure you will be happy in 003 class.
    Nice to meet you.

    By Blogger essa-mei2006, at 11:46 AM  

  • Hi Nina

    It's very nice to join this class and I would like to say hi to all class's members and to the new student Nazanin . I hope to have a very nice time together.

    I'm afraid from tuesday's quiz. I think we must do our best.

    By Blogger ozizo, at 11:47 AM  

  • Hi Nina

    It's very nice to join this class and I would like to say hi to all class's members and to the new student Nazanin. I hope to have a very nice time together.

    I'm afraid from tuesday's quiz. Ithink we must do our best

    By Blogger ozizo, at 11:50 AM  

  • Welcome to Abdulaziz and Nazanin Khavari in our class.

    By Blogger AMER, at 6:03 PM  

  • HI, Nina

    I am very happy and I say welcome for new students, and I like to make new friends frome diffrent countries.

    By Blogger saoud, at 12:01 AM  

  • HI, Nina

    I am very happy and I say welcome for who joined to our class, and I like always to make friends from diffrent countries.

    By Blogger saoud, at 12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home