The 003 Blog (Fall 2006)

Friday, September 08, 2006

The First Day of Class

I met the class for the first time today!

Everyone came except for Mohammed. We already have a new student, Li-Shu (Jennifer). Half of the class is Asian (Korea and Taiwan), and the other half is Arab (Saudi Arabia and Qatar), so there is a nice balance to the class. I have asked the students never to sit next to someone who speaks their native language. That way, they will speak more English and (hopefully) make new friends from different parts of the world.

Today, I had the students give me a writing sample ("Who I Am and Why I Am Here") and take a reading placement test for SRA. Then we went to the lab and they each created their own English language blog! They seem like a nice group, and I am excited about the opportunity to work with them this semester.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home